Read the past year(s) O-Level Oral Questions and write abbreviations to help you present Planned Responses. Alternatively, you can do a video recording of your presentation to practise for Spoken Interaction. Practice makes progress. Make time to do this, and you will get better at oral! Get detailed O-Level Oral Model Responses if you buy the WR!TERS@WORK O-Level eBook and video bundle.
PAST YEARS O-LEVEL ORAL QUESTIONS
|DAY||VIDEO||2022 O-LEVEL ORAL QUESTIONS||TOPIC|
|1||The video was about children playing in a playground||1. What do you think the people are feeling in the video?
2a. Tell me about a game that you didn’t enjoy playing
3b. The best part about playing games is winning. Do you agree?
|Play / Leisure|
|2||The video today is about a group of people exercising. (people in a mall participating in an event with an aerobic exercise demonstration)||1) What do you think the people are feeling while doing the exercise?
2) Do you prefer to exercise alone or in a group ?
3) Do people care too much about physical fitness and how they look?
|Sports / Health|
|3||The video was about traditional performing arts where 2 people are dancing a Hokkien traditional dance.||1. How do you think the people watching are feeling?
2. What is your opinion on traditional performances?
|4||The video shows 2 adults and 1 boy taking care of birds in a bird cage. A woman is feeding the bird using a syringe, and the man is helping her. The boy at the back is watching the woman and cautiously petting the birds.||1. What do you think the people in the video are feeling?
2. Would you be interested in working with wildlife when you grow up?
3. Do you think it is rightful to keep animals in captivity?
3. “Animals should not be kept in captivity” What are your views?
|Animals / Career|
|5||The video shows a group of senior citizens doing tai chi at a HDB void deck near a park.||1. Would you like to take part in the activity like the one shown in the video?
2. What are some ways elderly can keep fit?
3. People say that finding time to exercise in our busy life is getting harder? What are your views?
|Elderly / Sports|
|6||The video shows a male Japanese chef making pancake / takoyaki.||1. If you were in the video, what is difficult and easy about making pancakes?
2. What are your favourite street foods, and what do you enjoy about them?
3. Do you prefer eating at home or outside?
|Food / Family|
|7||The video shows children fishing in a man-made fish farm.||1. What do you think the children are feeling?
2. How do you feel rewarded during your leisure time?
3. “Some people say the best way to spend their free time is by doing nothing” What are your views?
3. Some people think that lazing around is the best way to relax. Do you agree?
|8||The video shows children competing in speedcubing competition||1. How were the children in the video feeling?
2. Tell me about a competition you have competed in
2. Do you think people should be competitive?
3. “Competitive people are winners, and non competitive people are losers” Do you agree?
3. What do you think is an achievement?
HALL OF FAME
Janice glanced worriedly at her wrist watch. The time was already ten past seven. She had twenty minutes to make it to school on time. The sky was overcast. A slight drizzle rained down like a mist. It started raining cats and dogs as Janice reached the bus stop. She had ignored her mother’s advice to take an umbrella with her. She wondered how she was going to make itto school in the rain.
Jovan Ang, Primary 2
Rulang Primary School
HALL OF FAME
It was an idyllic Saturday morning. Fluffy white clouds hung in the clear cerulean sky. Granny Lucy was tottering to the market. Her heart was filled with light-hearted cheer and her mouth curled into a smile. She was looking forward to preparing a feast for her grandchildren, who were coming for dinner that night.
Kew Ling Wei, Primary 3
Raffles Girls’ Primary School
I am amazed at the depth of vocabulary my child has amassed since attending W@W. She has become a much more confident writer and can now write a full story with ease. She loves coming to lessons
Mr Calvin Tang
Parent of our Primary 3 student
- PRIMARY WRITING – Old Pri Page
- PRIMARY ENGLISH – Old Pri Page
- SECONDARY ENGLISH – Old Sec page
- WOWL!VE ONLINE CLASSES
- HOLIDAY PROGRAMMES
- W@W EXAMS TIPS
- W@W TRACK RECORDS
- MODEL COMPOSITIONS & ESSAYS
- PAST YEARS EXAMS QS
- W@W WRITING COMPETITIONS
- W@W E-SERIES
- 2022 SCHEDULES