Your child’s enrolment and lessons at WR!TERS@WORK is subjected to the terms and conditions as listed below. By filling in and submitting this form, it is an indication that you have accepted these terms and conditions, which will apply upon enrolment at any of WR!TERS@WORK centres.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Registration fee and Deposit fee
- Upon registration, a deposit fee and registration fee amounting to $120.00 and $80.00 respectively are payable. We accept NETS, cheques and bank transfer.
- In the event that a child signs up for both WR!TE and ENGL!SH classes, a deposit fee of $120 shall be collected for the enrolment of each course.
- Upon registration, one (1) month course fee is payable. If your child signs up for both WR!TE and ENGL!SH classes, one (1) month course fee is payable for each class. The course fees will be pro-rated when your child’s first lesson does not fall on the 1st week of the month.
- The deposit will be refundable only when we receive from you the withdrawal form of your expressed intention to terminate your child’s attendance at The Centres. You may request for the withdrawal form to be emailed to you from the Customer Service Officers. The deposit will be refunded in the form of a bank transfer at the end of the following month from the date of the last lesson.
- The Centres reserve the right to terminate class attendance at any time if it assesses in its discretion that a student’s attendance or continued attendance of the programme would be unsuitable. In such cases, the chargeable fee will be pro-rated according to the number of lessons which the student has attended and the fee balance will be refunded.
- Deposits will not be refunded when one gives less than 4 lessons’ notice of termination.
Course Fees and Payment of Course Fees
- All lessons are paid for in advance. Fees are due on the 1st of every month.
- Course fees must be made in full by the 7th of the month regardless of the number of lessons attended. All course fees are inclusive of course materials.
- Course fees will vary according to the number the lessons scheduled for the month. The fee stated in the registration form is for 4 lessons. Thus when there is a 5th week lesson payable, the fees will vary accordingly.
- We accept NETS, cheques and bank transfer. A receipt will be emailed to you. Please retain the receipt for verification purposes.
- The Centres reserve the right to terminate class attendance and utilize the deposit to offset the unpaid course fees in the event of unpaid fees by 15th of the month.
- Course fees paid are non-refundable regardless of the period or frequency of your child’s attendance with the exception of points 5 and 31.
Absence / Replacement lessons / Suspension
- (a) A student is entitled to TWO (2) replacement lessons PER COURSE PER TERM regardless the reason of absence.
(b) Unutilised replacement lessons for WR!TE CANNOT be used for ENGL!SH and vice-versa.
(c) All replacement lessons are not transferrable.
(d) There is strictly NO replacement lesson nor fee credit if a student is absent for the 3rd time in a term regardless the reason of absence. In this case, the lesson notes will be distributed to the student.
(e) The curriculum cycle runs from Friday to Thursday every week.
(f) Replacement lessons will be offered on a best-effort basis subjected to The Centre’s discretion and class availability. All replacement lessons must be arranged with the Centre in advance to secure a confirmed seat.
(g) Replacement lessons CANNOT be accumulated and carried forward to the next term.
(h) For replacement lessons arranged outside the regular curriculum cycle, we may not be able to conduct class activities meant for group. As such, there may be a reduction in the duration for the replacement lessons.
(i) A student is deemed as withdrawn and his/her deposit forfeited if he/she is absent for 4 consecutive lessons from his/her last attended lesson without informing the Centres in written notice (delivered by hand, post or email).
(j) All Primary 6 students are required to attend replacement lessons for those lessons that fall on public holidays (with the exceptions of Chinese New Year holiday).
(k) In the event that a replacement is not possible (on the student’s part), the lesson can be suspended at a fee of $15 per lesson. In such a case, the lesson note(s) for the suspended lesson will not be issued.
- Transfer to another centre and/or class is subject to the availability and on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- A one-time referral discount of $50 is given for every new student whom you recommend to us.
(a) The referral discount does not apply to students who are on trial (all parties included).
(b) The referral discount will be applied to your next payment advice, when the referred student signs up as a regular student by paying for 12 lessons and $120 deposit.
(c) The referral discount is given only once for each referred student (i.e. if the referred student leaves and returns to W@W, the referral discount will not apply again).
- Your child should not come for classes if they show any signs of illness(e.g. fever). This is to prevent infecting other children in the classroom. A child showing symptoms of illness will be asked by The Centres or its staff to be taken home immediately.
- If your child has contracted any childhood diseases such as chicken pox, hand foot mouth or measles, you must notify The Centres and keep him or her at home until the quarantine period is over.
- In the interests of your child’s well-being whilst in The Centres’ care, The Centres must be informed of any medical or other conditions affecting your child.
- Students should be aware that they are attending the course(s) to study and are expected to behave responsibly at all times. Activities which could cause disturbance to other students or The Centres will result in instant dismissal from the course. In such case, no refund of fees will be made.
Recordings / Intellectual Property & Media Rights
- Upon enrolment, you shall permit The Centres and its staff to record your child’s image, work or voice for publicity, promotional, publishing or educational purposes. The Centres may copy, reproduce, display, distribute and use any photographs or videos of such recording. The Centres may publish the student’s academic achievements in any form or media at any time, even after the student has withdrawn from the Centres.
- Parents and students are not allowed to make photographic, video, audio and/or other recordings inside our classrooms or premises unless you have obtained prior consent from The Centres.
Personal Data Protection Act
- Please be informed that your personal data (including name, address and telephone number and email) that was provided to the Centres and in the course of your dealings with all WR!TERS@WORK’s centres, is or has been or will be processed by WR!TERS@WORK, or on behalf of WR!TERS@WORK for the purpose of direct marketing whereby we may communicate with you via various modes of communication in order to promote offers / new courses to you.
- Your data will also be utilized by WR!TERS @ WORK for the purposes of monitoring volume and spend information and to carry out market research and/or statistical analysis, including identifying and possibly preventing fraud. Lastly, WR!TERS@WORK will use your personal data for our own benefit, such as to administer your participation in contest, reply to your enquiries and update your records.
- The persons or categories of persons to whom your personal data is disclosed to include WR!TERS@WORK’s partners, suppliers, service providers or subcontractors.
- Except as set out in this Term & Conditions, we will not disclose your personal data without your permission unless we are legally entitled or required to do so (eg: if we are required to do so by legal process or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime) or if we believe that such action is necessary to protect and/or defend our rights, property or personal safety and those of our customers or other individuals.
- By submitting this form, it is an indication that you agree and consent to the terms and conditions with respect to our processing and using of your personal data. You may at any time make a request in writing to access or limit the processing and use of your personal data, including to prevent usage or processing of your personal data for the purposes of direct marketing. We wish to highlight that this may result in WR!TERS@WORK being unable to provide you with our full range of services. Please email your request to email@example.com. Upon the receipt of your written notice, we shall within a reasonable time period, cease to process your personal data.
- The Centres run an on-going curriculum during March, June, September and December school holidays. Students are required to attend the scheduled lessons as per normal during the school holidays and are liable to pay for the corresponding course fees.
- There will be no lessons on major national Public Holidays. There will be no make-up lesson for lessons that fall on major national Public Holidays. However, Primary 6 students are to arrange a replacement lesson within the curriculum cycle if their lesson falls on a public holiday.
- All existing students will be given priority, for a limited time, to be awarded a place in The Centres upon completion of the current academic year. To confirm a place in The Centre for your child in the next academic year, a payment amounting to ONE month course fees is required. During Term 4, The Centres will release the class schedule of the next academic year and inform you of the latest date to exercise your priority by making the fee payment. If no payment received by the informed deadline, The Centres are not liable to reserve a place for your child in the next academic year. Your child’s current place will be released to the public.
The Centre’s Rights and Responsibilities
- Course fees may be changed and the services offered may be added to or withdrawn at any time. However, course fees will not be varied during a course in progress. At least two weeks advance notice will be given by The Centres.
- The Centres reserve the right to cancel a course if it is under-subscribed. In this case, you will be given a full refund of fees paid for the unattended lessons.
- Queries pertaining to any external materials brought in by students will only be answered or handled at the teachers’ discretion and convenience.
- While The Centres and their staff will exercise the utmost care and precautions to ensure the safety of every student during classes, parents accept that mishaps and accidents may occur due to circumstances beyond The Centres’ control. Therefore, all parents agree that The Centres cannot be held liable for such incidents and will hold harmless or indemnify The Centres against such liability.
- Parents or guardians will accept full liability for any damage caused by the student to premises where programmes are conducted.
- The Centres will not be responsible or liable for the loss of any personal property within The Centres’ premises.
- Upon the dismissal of classes, The Centres will not be responsible for the whereabouts of the students. Hence, The Centre seeks the kind cooperation of all parents and guardians. Here thereof, parents are advised to take note of their children’s dismissal times and arrange for prompt pick-up.